Traumatic Injuries in Solon, OH
More than 5 million teeth are knocked out each year in children and adults and many more teeth are dislodged or traumatized by some type of blunt force. If this happens, Dr. Myers is uniquely trained to act quickly and save your tooth near Solon, OH!
A tooth that has been dislodged or traumatized near Solon, OH may need to be repositioned and stabilized, but root canal treatment in Solon, OH is often needed within a few days following the injury to save the tooth.
A tooth that has been completely avulsed or knocked out near Solon, OH can be quickly replaced into the socket and last for many years. Always consult with your doctor in Solon, OH to make sure your tooth lasts as long as possible.
To increase the likelihood of saving your tooth, follow our recommendations:
- Locate the tooth immediately but do not touch the root of the tooth. Only touch the white crown portion of the tooth.
- If the tooth is dirty, rinse it very gently with water. Do not use soap or scrub the tooth.
- Keep the tooth moist! Do not let the tooth dry and do not wrap it in a towel or cloth. If it cannot be replaced into the socket, put the tooth in your mouth next to your cheek or in a glass of milk.
- If possible, put the tooth directly back into the socket as quickly as possible. The sooner the tooth is replaced, the greater the chance it will survive.
- See your doctor as soon as possible!